This day's specialities include a spicy dish, Tangy dish, Bitter dish, sweet dish along with regular festival specials. Its basically on the principle that joy and sorrow in life to be treated with equanimity.
Every Festival we have the custom on serving food on Banana Leaf (in specified order only) and eating with Family.
This Year due to some reason i did the entire cooking for the new year. The items that i made on that day were
1. Panakam (Jaggery drink)
2. Neer More (Spiced Butter milk)
3. Paruppu Kosmalli (Soaked moong dal with raw Mango, cucumber, carrot etc)
4. Manga pachadi (A tangy sweet dish made with Raw Mango &; Jaggery)
5. Vepamboo Pachadi (a little bitter dish made of dry neem flower & jaggery)
6. Vendakkai More Kozhambu (A curry made of curd , coconut & green chillies)
7. Tomato Rasam
8. Cucumber Pachadi (Cucumber & curd)
9. Paruppu Paayasam (a sweet dish with moong Dal , Chana Dal & Jaggery)
10. Paruppu Vadai
11. Kadala Maa Poli (a sweet preparation with Maida , besan flour, Jaggery & coconut)
12. Beans Kari (cooked & fried beans)
13. Vaazhakkai Kari (deep fried raw banana)
14. Rice & Dal
Will Give a seperate write up on how to prepare some of the special items in a different post. Some pictures of my preparation on that day...
|Panakam & Neer More|
|Items Served in Banana Leaf|